Sample Customer Comments
Paul Tibbitts - Classroom Training Evaluations
These comments are from course evaluations completed
following classes I've delivered.
- Explained things very clearly, used everyday examples.
Very, very good.
- Paul was able to simplify the most complex issue. He knew what
was used in the real world and what wasn't. You can tell that Paul
likes what he does.
- Very informed and organized. Was able to answer all questions clearly.
- His experience and knowledge of the subject was extraordinary. He
was able to answer any question asked.
- Answered all questions with tremendous knowledge of subject.
- The instructor presented the class material in the larger context
of how the material is to be used and any pitfalls to look out for.
Mr. Tibbitts is the most capable and knowledgeable instructor to
teach Unix that I have met.
- Explained each chapter in detail.
- Paul did and excellent job - lots of real world experience.
- Mr. Tibbitts gave both the history and the current usage
of all the topics covered in class.
- Paul was an excellent instructor. I plan on requesting him as I
take more [of your] courses.
- He's very detailed and also goes the extra miles to make sure
we understand the subject. He answered all questions in a very
- For knowing only mainframe, this was an excellent intro to basic Unix.
A great foundation to build on.
- Great class. I wish I had taken this long ago.
- Very impressive instructor. Great wealth of information.
- Having a knowledgeable instructor, with great manuals and lab exercises
make your classes by far the best I've ever taken.
- Paul is a great instructor. It is very important to me to have
an instructor that can relate to my questions/concerns about problems
in the field. Paul was able to answer every single one of my questions
precisely and thoroughly. I will be attending the second part of
this course in the fall and hope to have a Paul equivalent as an
- Instructor was very enthusiastic about the topic!
- Paul did a good job teaching the information to us by making
sure he was speaking on our level.
- Excellent knowledge of Unix and gave me the understanding of
basic Unix that I need to build on.
- Demonstration of needed tasks and outstanding explanation.
- Had Mr. Tibbitts before and he is excellent.
- Explained in "plain English" what the terms are and how the
can best be used... and he was funny!
- Excellent instructor all around - he obviously has loads of
- Explained things in a clear and concise manner that was easy to
understand. Concepts done this way were easy to grasp. He also
provided parallel examples in other environments and explained the
differences. He was extremely knowledgeable and presented the
- Very knowledgeable - One of the very best instructors I have ever
taken a class with.
- I felt that he knew this subject matter inside and out, and did a
very good job communicating the information for this class.
- He went above and beyond. There was a problem with the program
the first day and he helped make sure we were still able to learn.
His knowledge of Unix is very high and he could still reach my level
even though I am not a programmer.
- Great instructor!! Taught this course very well and explained
in great detail what we needed to learn. Very knowledgeable of Unix and
- Very knowledgeable instructor.
- Very personable and eager to assist with individual questions.
- Paul made sure we understood each section/chapter before moving on - I
never felt "lost."
- He knows what he teaches and we get answers [to] every question
we have immediately.
- Incredibly knowledgeable and always friendly and forthcoming with
- Instructor's knowledge was vast. First commercial course that had
an instructor with real world experience and not
just a certification reading out of books.
- I was already pretty familiar with Unix, but learned a lot about
the "why" behnind why things are - it made things make a lot more sense.
Also lots of good tips! Paul was great!
- I really enjoyed all the hands-on exercises - it really helps
reinforce and apply what you've learned.
- Learn(ed) how and why - instead of just code snippets.
- He seemed very knowledgeable and was thorough.
- Real life experience and great communication skills.
- Small class with personable instructor. Ideal for our company's
- Thoroughly professional, knowledgeable, and entertaining.
This is the best course I have taken in a number of years.
- Paul is a superb instructor! He was patient and explained all
facts of the product. As a novice, Paul's teachings have inspired me
to be confident with these new skills.
- Class was very well instructed. VERY good instructor.
- Paul is an excellent instructor.
- Checks with students to make sure they are following the subject.
- Instruction was clear and well layed out.
- Paul knows his stuff.
- Great information - outstanding instructor.
- Stayed right on track.
- Very knowledgeable and friendly.
- Excellent teaching skills.
- Instructor very knowledgeable and very willing to assist
in any problems during or after class. Always enthusiastic
about the topics.
- Excellent time management.
- Paul is an excellent instructor.
- Excellent teaching skills, much better than other
- Great instructor.
- I think this course was essential in my [system administration]
- Instructor gave examples that enabled retention of the material
through experiences he had.
- [Training company] is lucky to have Paul on their staff, he is
highly motivated whereas all [students were] always interested in
- Instructor presented the course well and gave excellent
examples as well to reinforce the training and concepts.
- The instructor was very knowelegeable.
- Instructor's teaching of the material showed his experience level
- Good at teaching, not just lecturing and reading book. Good real-world
examples, felt at ease asking questions.
Instructor was good in all aspects.
- Very knowledgeable and gave a lot of little "extra bits" of info
that will be very helpful with day-to-day work.
- Instructor was very knowledgeable and explained concepts using examples
from his own experience. Also pointed out pitfalls and things to watch out
for based on personal experience.
- [From training coordinator] Paul - this is truly exceptional work!
- Knowledgeable and patient.
- Paul presented the material well and has many years of industry
- Instructor was great; knew his subject; relaxed to us.
- The instructor is outstanding! Very knowledgable and entertaining.
- Knowedgable, available, great teaching personality, made content
interesting, added content, helped understand the concepts introduced
in [the] book.
- Paul was very enthusiastic, [k]new a lot of information, kept
me very interested and awake in [the] course. Very good teacher.
- The class was small, everyone participated, and the instructor
showed good knowledge on the subject matter.
- Instructor was great, knew his subject, relaxed to us.
- Excellent delivery of material as designed by [courseware vendor].
- Very knowlegable and experienced.
- Paul the instructor did a great job answering many questions from
many people with different backgrounds - he's patient and flexible.
- I was very impressed with Paul Tibbitts and my training experience
as a whole.
- [Paul] clearly enjoys teaching Unix which made the subject
all that more interesting and easier to understand.
- [Paul] was an excellent instructor. He kept the class interesting.
- Part II [of the class]
jumped a couple notches in it's complexity compared to Part
I, but [Paul] was able to clarify and breakdown complicated
syntax so that everyone could understand. He offered examples from
his own experiences and what he thought might assist us in our
current job. Very helpful!
- [Paul is] an enthusiastic instructor, who clearly enjoys teaching...
- The instructor was great!
- [I liked best Paul's] absolute knowledge of the topic and his
ability to pass it along to us. He provided real world examples and very
adequately prepared us for the [Novell CLA] certification exam. I
would gladly take another class from him.
- Extremely knowledgeable! Prepared us for [Novell CLA
certification] exams and reinforced what we were learning
with real world examples!
- [Paul] was an excellent instructor! He was the difference!
He stimulated us through real world examples and scenarios.
- Very knowledgeable! Gave us more than just the courseware!
Really did a great job in preparing us for certification!
- Very knowledgeable about subject - didn't just read book - great
- Great knowledge and very flexible to answer questions during
- Vast breadth of knowledge. Easy personality to learn from.
In the interest of being "fair and balanced",
we do occasionally receive
some not-so-favorable comments.
- Bob [Paul] is a very knowledgeable instructor, but needs some "trainer"
- This class was more for a system support person than [an operator]...
Way too much internal (technical) crap... Too advanced!
Back to Home